Improve Quality of Life by Reducing Self-Destructive Behaviors
Helping Young Adults decrease negative thoughts and behaviors (ages 13 to 21)
The Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) program at BestSelf Behavioral Health is dedicated to treating young adults who have trouble controlling their moods, thoughts, or relationships; or exhibit self-destructive behaviors. The program helps clients ages 13 to 21 identify beliefs and assumptions and gives them effective skills and tools to shape a more positive response.
Behaviors may include:
• Suicidal thoughts or attempts • Self-harming behaviors
• Borderline Personality Disorder symptoms • Intense emotional instability and mood swings
• Confusion about identity and feelings • Ongoing patterns of interpersonal problems
• Extreme difficulties with family conflict • Depression
• Anxiety • Lasting impact of traumatic events
The DBT program provides adolescents and their families with a comprehensive, evidence-based treatment plan that includes individual and group therapy as well as on-call support during the course of treatment. Our team has received intensive training in DBT by Behavioral Tech LLC, a world-renown, state-of-the-art professional training program. Our adolescent focused DBT program helps youth and their families learn skills to reduce self-destructive behaviors and live more positively. As an evidence-based practice, DBT utilizes a specific set of strategies that have been proven to effectively treat adolescents who self-harm, experience suicidal thoughts, or display other severe behaviors or feelings.
Emphasis is placed on:
• Accepting uncomfortable thoughts, feelings and behaviors
• Developing coping skills
• Practicing mindfulness and relaxation
• Enhancing family skills and environment to improve successful outcomes